18 MONTHS from 1st July 2023
Based in Hanoi, Vietnam (IML ACROSS) – local law contract
The structure you will join
The French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD) is a public French scientific and technological institution that has been working for 75 years in countries of the Global South. It is under the dual authority of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs. Its research, expertise, valorization and training activities aim at contributing to the economic, social and cultural development of the Global South.
IRD in Vietnam (http://vietnam.ird.fr/), through its International Joint Laboratory ACROSS (http://across-lab.org) has recently been awarded a funding by the EuropeAid "Green Partnership with ASEAN" program to develop, with partner schools in the Lower Mekong countries (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam), a set of "sustainability metaverses", i.e., educational solutions based on the integration of immersive virtual reality environments with serious games and scientific simulations. This project, called SIMPLE (Sustainability Issues Metaverse for building Participatory Learning Environments), will also be providing an integrated learning environment called the Mobile Metaverse Learning Lab (M2L2) that can be deployed quickly and provide a complete virtual reality playground for classes, even in remote locations with limited Internet bandwidth. The virtual universes developed in SIMPLE will be based on calibrated scientific models validated in well-documented case studies, ensuring the realism of the development scenarios that participants will explore and allowing them to collaborate virtually in real time to explore solutions to sustainability issues.
An attractive mission
Under the direction of the team leader and the supervision of the pedagogical advisor, you will design, in an autonomous, creative and realistic way, the global pedagogic framework of the project, including a modular aspect, so that it can be adapted to the educational situation of each country.
You will have the support of local project officers for the implementation phase of this pedagogic framework, especially to understand the specificities of each local context, as you will coordinate this step.
- Define the overall pedagogical framework of the project (objectives, approaches, pedagogy, typical activities, typical partnerships, etc.) in conjunction with the team leader and the pedagogical advisor (located in IRD’s headquarters).
- Identify and mobilize the necessary regional partnerships for the project - in conjunction with the team leader - and support the local project officers in identifying and mobilizing national partners.
- In conjunction with the team leader, recruit and train local project officers (in Vietnam and Thailand) responsible for pedagogical activities at the local level. - Ensure pedagogical consistency in the implementation of activities in the countries concerned by the project (Vietnam and Thailand, prepare guidelines for Cambodia and Laos).
- Organize and facilitate "train the trainers" sessions, where educational actors involved in the project are acquainted with the pedagogical approach of the project.
- Accompany the local project officers in the daily implementation of the project and the pedagogical activities.
- Propose and implement pedagogical monitoring tools (quantitative and qualitative) that will be used in the assessment and evaluation of the project.
Skills and competences:
- Very good knowledge of the tools and methods of scientific mediation, more specifically for youth (12-18 years old).
- Good knowledge of the academic and associative environment in the field of education, more specifically in South-East Asia.
- Good knowledge of the coordination of educational programs (administrative, financial and evaluation management).
- Ability to form and coordinate a network.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- French and a local language would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Products (Word, PPT, Excel) to support documents preparation.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and to quickly adapt to multiple priorities.
- High attention to details and organized
- Independence and rigor
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
Degree and experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in education or a related topic – masters or PhD is preferred
- At least one-year experience with pedagogic framework development or implementation
- Experience in project and team management would be a plus.
The position is located in Hanoi, in the premises of the ACROSS laboratory. The work will be done in close coordination with the team leader and project manager of the SIMPLE project, as well as the co-directors and colleagues of the ACROSS laboratory. The position will imply travels within Vietnam and to Thailand to meet our local educational partners and work with them.
Depending on the candidate’s profile, experience and requests, an individual proposal will be made after the interview.
How to apply
Do you recognize yourself in this description?
If so, please send us your CV and cover letter to the following address by 1st May 2023: email@example.com
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.